Sunday 16 January 2011

Evaluation - 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?
During the course of working on this  project I have used many different pieces of equipment and software. When filming I decided to use the Sony HVR-HD 1000P. I liked the quality of the picture that it produced and I was impressed by the fact that the focus lens could be manually changed to give a blurring effect. I could zoom in pretty well with out losing the quality of the image and it was also fairly easy to use when transferring the video onto the computer.I also used a heavy tripod that was very useful for getting steady shots and because it was a stable tripod, I could be sure that the camera was safe and that it avoided risk of damage. The ease with which I could carry the camera also contributed to the fexibilty with which I took the shots. The video camera also had  user friendly buttons that were quite confortable to work with and it helped with the initial interest I had in learning about using the camera. The mike on the camera was capable of capturing good quality sounds and at first we had some fun using it. Later it was used to magnify the sound effects I had used in the opening shot.
I also used two different programs for editing and compiling my opening sequence and they are Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects. After Effects was used to change the brightness and contrast of all the clips .I also used it to cut the clips and also put a fading transition effect on each clip. The same  After Effects was used to put the transitions because I had more control over the length and speed of the fade in and out of each clip.  The title of my opening sequence was made using After Effects. I used Adobe Premier Pro to compile all the clips together and also put the soundtrack on top of the video and then finally I complied it all on Premier Pro. In my opinion I feel that both pieces of software were fairly simple to use and were used to my advantage.These pieces of software had a lot of potential and I was able to manipulate them to suit my intentions. Using these two software items helped me to transfer those abstract ideas I had in my mind into something that was tangible and it was quite an exciting task. I could also make visual effects using particular fonts that contributed to certain feelings I wanted the audience to experience. Each letter of 'THE LAST HIT' was made significant using the software programmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment